AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mass update will not update calculated fields in a record if they are field type integer

Question asked by Kim Carrico on Sep 28, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2016 by Ishani Lad

I have created a custom calculated field of type integer in Meetings. I'm wanting to backfill this field in all existing meeting records but of course I don't want to have to edit/save each meeting record individually since that would take just about forever. So I'm using the Mass Update trick of forcing an edit/save by checking meeting records to update and then mass update without actually changing any fields in mass update. However Mass update isn't updating the calculated field. It appears mass update will only update calculated field types that can be marked for mass update such as date, datetime, multi-select.  My field however is an integer type so I cannot check it for mass update on the field setup. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with my formula nor the field setup because if I pull up an individual meeting record and save, it works perfectly with the field calculated as expected.

We're on Sugar Professional v6.5.  Is there anything else I need to do to allow mass update to force calculate this field or is there a known bug with this?

Thanks!

Outcomes