HTTP: 503 Service Unavailable  Search engine is temporarily unavailable- Global Search

Hi All

I have recentely upgraded to sugarcrm 7.7.I am getting HTTP: 503 Service Unavailable  Search engine is temporarily unavailable - Global Search

in my global search.Can you please give inputs in debugging this error.

Regards

Sidhu

• Sidhu,

The first thing I recommend that you do is to rebuild the Full Text Search Index.  You can do this by going to Admin > Search > Schedule System Index > Click OK > Check the checkbox for "Delete existing data when index is performed" > Click Index. 

It may take a little while for the index to build, but hopefully, this will clear up the errors for you.

Lori

• Hi Lori Arce

Thanks for your reply .I have recently upgraded to 7.1.1 i have found that on clicking the test button there is a connection problem between the server to which i am pointing out the elastic search and we are checking it.

In our crm we are unable to find the option Admin > Search > Schedule System Index.There is only save and cancel button.Can you please update if this is any issue.

Regards

Sidhu

• Sidhu,

I would check the following:

1. From the SugarCRM server, go to the config.php file and view the contents of the full_text_engine array.  It should look something like:

array (
        'Elastic' =>
        array (
          'host' => 'localhost',
          'port' => '9200',
        ),

Then open a web browser and type in the web address of your elasticsearch server.  Following the example above I would type: localhost:9200

If Elasticsearch is running, it should produce an output such as:

{
      "status" : 200,
      "name" : "Holly",
      "cluster_name" : "elasticsearch",
      "version" : {
        "number" : "1.4.4",
        "build_hash" : "c88f77ffc81301dfa9dfd81ca2232f09588bd512",
        "build_timestamp" : "2015-02-19T13:05:36Z",
        "build_snapshot" : false,
        "lucene_version" : "4.10.3"
      },
      "tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
    }

If Elasticsearch is not running, then you will need to launch it and then perform the above step again.  If Elasticsearch is running, be sure that you are using the proper Elasticsearch version.  Elasticsearch Version 1.4.4 is the only version that is supported to work with Sugar 7.7.1.1.  Please review the following page for more information.

Let me know if any of this information is helpful.

Lori

• Hi Lori Arce

I have done the system index

Also made the elastic scheduler active

But what i get is this in error.log file

PHP Fatal error:  Wrong parameters for Exception([string $exception [, long $code [, Exception $previous = NULL]]]) in /<>/vendor/ruflin/elastica/lib/Elastica/Exception/ResponseException.php on line 41, referer: http:/<>/index.php?module=Administration&action=GlobalSearchSettings

Regards

Sidhu

• Hi Lori Arce

Fixed it, the elastic version was 2.4.0.I have down graded it to 1.4.4 as i using 7.7 and redone the above process and it was working.

Regards

Sidhu

• Hi Lori Arce

Can you please find the steps

1.Setting up the elastic search in the server:

2.I have set up the cron to run(Does elastic scheduler be active before doing step number 3?)

3.Testing the search

->It has asked to perfom the system indexing.I have done this

4.when i search from home page for an account which is enabled in the admin->search.I get

HTTP: 500 Internal Server Error

A search engine runtime error occurred. Please contact your System Administrator.

Regards

Sidhu

• Sidhu,

You should not need to set up a scheduler for elasticsearch as it will run automatically from the back end.  I have seen in the past a 500 error occur when searching for a record when a module was removed but was still showing as enabled in Admin > Search.  Could this be what you are running into?

Lori

• Hi Lori Arce

I have checked the localhost:9200 working fine returned 200

So these are the steps i need to follow

1.I need to set  up a cron for every 5 minutes
    2.Then i have to do a system indexing(HOW TO I KNOW IF INDEXING HAS BEEN COMPLETED)

Thats it

Previously i was following below

1.I have set up a cron for every 5 minutes
    2.Then i have done a system indexing
    3.Then i have made sugar that the elastic search scheduler runs at least once.

4.After it has ran once i have disabled it.

5.The cron continues to run for every five minutes

The problem now is

The record i was searching was for accounts and it is enabled.

When i search for an account say 'test' i get the no records found in the global search

But when i click on the search_icon i get this 500 error

There are two things i am confused here
    1.when i just enter the names of my record for accounts i get no records found

2.i get 500 erro when i click on the search_icon

when i checked the sugarcrm log i get like the below(i.e. after i click on the search_icon)

A search engine runtime error occurred:
    SearchPhaseExecutionException[Failed to execute phase [query], all shards failed; shardFailures

Can you please provide insights to this and correct my steps to follow for elastic search which i have mentioned above.

Regards

Sidhu

• Hello, In 7.7.1.1 there is an issue with global search - https://web.sugarcrm.com/support/issues/8697d016-2a0f-0767-622b-57ce81ed4e45 

I think you need to upgrade this to 7.7.1.2.

Thanks

• Hi Fahad

I am using 7.7.1.0 as of now.

Regards

Sidhu