AnsweredAssumed Answered

how do the php files work?

Question asked by James Palmisano on Jul 21, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 26, 2016 by Tevfik Tümer

Hi,

Still pretty new to sugar. I am really confused at this point about how exactly the php files interact with the client in order to display the data they're requesting. What I think is happening is The client request a specific URL then the php will react to what ever module is mapped to that URL. The php will return a outline of the data that is needed and then the javascript libraries or sidecar will then do some ajax post/Get somewhere to get the data and then backbone.js will then add the data to the js model and display it on the page somewhere with more fancy js libraries.

If all that is accurate so far then I would like to know more specifics about where the ajax post/get is and how the php file specifically handles getting data. Take for example the record.php file.

The record php appears to just be an outline of what data to display on the page.  So is just that? Does it then return a json file that has the same info and backbone or smt picks it apart and js make an ajax call to get data then put it on the page based on the args from the record.php file?

Comments welcome

Best Regards

James Palmisano

Outcomes