Online (logged in) presence?

Hi y´all

After listening to Rosaalie Shah session on AW, I started thinking about presence (i.e. who is logged in vs. who is not). Like Rosaalie pointed out, it could be very useful to know who is logged on.

So help me out since I´m fairly new to the sweet Sugar world, have you guys done any simple "system" (logic hooks or something) to capture that in Sugar?

Thanks

KGM

7.7 Ent

• Anyone?

Rosaalie´s session has been posted ->  

You can see the "presence" thing at 13:30.

Thanks,

KGM

• Kristjan,

If you are interested in seeing active sessions, you should be able to create a Tracker Sessions report.  You will first need to enable Tracker Sessions in Admin > Trackers.  The report can filter on:

Tracker Sessions > Date Start > Today

Tracker Sessions > Session Active > Equals > Yes

Be sure to add the Tracker Sessions > Assigned User > Username to the display columns, along with any other fields you wish to see.

You can also omit the filter for the Date Start field and only filter on active sessions.

Please keep in mind that you may experience a performance hit if you have Tracker Sessions enabled. 

Looking at the video reference that you linked above, I believe that code-level customizations will be needed in order to have the custom user field toggle between "Working" and "Out of Office". 

Hope this helps,

Lori

• Hi Lori Arce

Finally had to get back to this

Ok, in Admin -> Tracker I´m only tracking the "Tracker Sessions:" so we are good there. If I omit the "Date Start" field, then I get a longer list which is inaccurate so the both the "Date Start" and "Session Active" needs to be there.

And the list (with both criteria in the filter) looks pretty good. However, the SugarPlugin for Outlook seems to create a session as well. Therefore, this report does not give an accurate list of actual "logged in" users :/ Many folks leave their computers on all the time so the OPI tarnishes this report. Oh well, worth the try.

Thanks for your help,

KGM