Meeting Name field auto populate using calculated field is not working after upgrade to Sugar Pro 7.7 verison

Hello Community,

I hope all masters are getting much more mastered answers daily and quickly from this community.

Today we have face one issue into sugarcrm proffessional edition version 7.7.

We have put the following formula on meeting module name field to auto populate meeting module name from the meeting type and opportunity name which was working very fine on our old version 7.6 and stopped working since we upgrade to 7.7.

related($opportunity,"name")

Tried to generate same error on fresh installed on same version using the following steps.

1) Go to studio

2) Select Meeting Module

3) Go to fields section -> Select Subject field

4) Click on calculated check box

5) Apply formula I.e related($opportunity,"name")

6) Hit save

7) Go to opportunity module, Click on any record -> Go to meeting subpanel -> Create meeting from opportunity module subpanel

8) try to save record. It throws error "Error Please resolve any errors before proceeding."

Meeting subject is not populating from Opportunity name which it should be populating.

Actual Result: "Error Please resolve any errors before proceeding."

Expected Result: "Meeting should save with Respected opportunity name.

Please let us know if I am doing something wrong or it is really sugarcrm issue in version 7.7

Bhavesh Patel Lori Arce Alex Nassi Alan Beam Francesca Shiekh Rubén Recacha Camacho Enrico Simonetti Jeff Leavitt

• We ran into the same problem after upgrading from 7.6 to 7.7. We have a name field set as a calculated field in a module and after upgrading to 7.7 the field is no longer getting calculated in the record view.

• Found out that our problem was that our calculated field's formula uses the strToUpper Sugar Logic function. Apparently in version 7.7, strToUpper and strToLower throw JS errors (See Sugar Defect 76127). This bug seems to make it so that in the record view it throws an JS error and causes the field to be blank. In our case the calculation was on the Name field which is required so we could never save the record because the Name would always be blank. Because it was a calculated field it was read only so it was also impossible for the user to set it to anything other than blank.

I found if I removed the strToUpper in the formula it would work just fine. For those who have requirements where the strToUpper must be there I don't know what you can do to get around this bug.