AnsweredAssumed Answered

external link to stored document

Question asked by brett dietrich on Jun 1, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 by Tevfik Tümer

Here is my situation...

We want to store our sales and marketing materials in SugarCRM because of the ability to create campaigns and product hierarchies....and such.

Much of the sales material will be in professionally made marketing materials stored within the CRM...as attached documents.

I need external sales agents to be able to link directly to a particular document, based on the customer's needs (whether that be by hierarchy or a campaign).  We'll have a xref that drives the customer to the right document...attached to the appropriate campaign (or whatever) within SugarCRM.

My question is...

Is there a way to link, from an external system (the vendor can get external data through a custom coded iFrame) to link directly to the document and have it display in the user's iFrame?  I don't want them to have to click any "download" links or anything...just SHOW the document.  And I don't want them to be navigating through our CRM (we're paying by the minute...so we want it to pop right up for them).

Is that possible?  and can you give me an example...because I'm having trouble finding one.

Thanks!!!

Outcomes