AnsweredAssumed Answered

SOLVED - French language char problems

Question asked by jlabuelo on May 29, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 20, 2016 by jlabuelo

Hello all

I have installed in a SugarCRM CE 6.5 the french language pack. Everything went ok however I have a problem when I select the french language in the login screen as the chars in the browsers are not correctly shown. When I use Chrome I need to go everytime to Toos->Codification-> and select UTF-8 so the windows is well shown and all chars are correctly set. However if I close the browser and I open it again I need to do this process over and over.

Also when I have to send a mail using a template, or using the mail client directly and I write in french, the mail is not sent correctly and the receiver almos cant understand a single thing as all the chars are a mess.

In the Admin screen,in Localse:

• the Default Language for the user internface is set to French
  • Default Character Set for Import and Export: is set to UTF-8
  • Database Collagion = uft8_spanish_ci

I dont see anything else to touch in the Admin Screen

Then in the confituration of the SugarCRM CE 6.5, in the config.php file I have the following values

'default_charset' => 'UTF-8'

'default_email_charset' => 'UTF-8',

'default_export_charset' => 'UTF-8',

'default_language' => 'fr_FR',

In my php.ini file I have these value

default_charset = "UTF-8"

and in Apache2, I have introduced this value to httpd.conf

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

What else I must configure to make sure the web site recognizes the French charsets and accents and the system do not sent a mail like in the example?

Thanks a lot

Example:

Bonjour Dr XXX,

Suite à notre appel téléphonique, le motif de cet email est de vous informer que les XXX viennent de lancer un projet de formation,

à travers de médias digitaux orientés aux professionnels

Outcomes