How can i get admin access back

my trouble is , I don't have the Fedora OS access, don't know the MySQL should be the MySQL. don't have the admin access to the sugar.  just have the physical server in my hand. how can I get the access back. I am planning to change the root psw, but I have no experience with sugar before,  worried will impact the  applications.  anyone can help?

• Hi Allen,

If you only have access to the user interface of the Sugar application, the way to get Admin access back is to have an existing Admin user grant you access within the UI.

Another possibility:

• If the "Forgot Password" feature is enabled (see if there is a "Forgot Password?" link on the login page) AND
    • There is an existing, active Admin account that you know the username & email address (check the Employees module) AND
    • You can access the mailbox of that email address (check with your mail server admin)

It would be possible to reset the password of that existing Admin account in order to login with those credentials and grant Admin access to your user.

Finally, it is possible to reset the password of an Admin user via MySQL (or even grant your current user Admin access via the DB), but if you cannot access the filesystem it will be tricky as the database info (db name, host, credentials) that Sugar uses is stored in the 'config.php' file. The 'config.php' file is located in the top level directory of the Sugar application files.

Note: Changing the root password of the server (not MySQL, as your sugar install *could* be using that account to connect to the db) in order to gain access to the filesystem should be ok in most cases.

Regards,

Daniel Godwin

SugarCRM Support

• hi, Dan

finally, i take the risk and reset the root password, and very luck, no impact the system is work fine. but when i follow the instruction to reset the admin account password, i get trouble, it seems the account and password is always denied.

• Hi Allen,

when I look into your Word file, it seems you are trying to use the Network address of the MySQL Server while sugar is using the localhost. Please login to the server through SSH and change your connection string to 'mysql -h localhost (plus the rest of the credentials)'.

MySQL logins differentiate between different hosts it accepts connections to and from.

Greets,

Mark

• thanks, I tried use the localhost, and my tools is secureCRT, SSH2, but still can't access.

Last login: Mon Jun 20 14:55:39 2016 from 172.18.11.10

[root@gtwcrmproxy ~]# mysql -h 172.18.2.250 -u sugar5ce -D sugar5ce -p sugar5cepass

Enter password:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'sugar5ce'@'gtwcrmproxy.galtronics.co.il' (using password: NO)

[root@gtwcrmproxy ~]# mysql -h localhost -u sugar5ce -D sugar5ce -p suga5cepass

Enter password:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'sugar5ce'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Enter password:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'sugar5ce'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Enter password:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'sugar5ce'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

[root@gtwcrmproxy ~]#