Wait events never works

Hi all,

I can't use a wait events on my process definition, it never functions. I don't understand why.

Here's the test process created:

If I remove the wait event, the process goes to the end without issue.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

• Hi Jerome,

I've seen this behavior when the scheduler process that actually monitors these conditions isn't running. Go to Admin > Scheduler and look for the process called Process Author Scheduled Job. It should be set to Active status and most likely running As often as possible. You can also click into the Scheduler record to see the Job Log and make sure that it is running as frequently as it should be (likely about every 5 minutes, depending on your server settings).

Business Analyst

Technology Advisors, Inc.

• Hi Megan,

I don't find exactly the process you mentionned " Process Author Scheduled Job". I found this one, in French called "Tâche planifié du planificateur de gestionnaire de processus" that we can translate by "Scheduled task of the process manager planner".

Job Name                  Job Status        Execute Time        Date Modified 

Tâche planifié du planificateur

de gestionnaire de processus      done          19/05/2016 11:01    19/05/2016 11:05

Tâche planifié du planificateur

de gestionnaire de processus     done         19/05/2016 10:56     19/05/2016 10:59

If it's the right process, it seems to be ok, but my process doesn't function.

Do you have another idea?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

• When I try accessing Sugar in French, my process names are still in English, but I would agree that sounds like it's probably the right process. Maybe someone from Sugar can confirm?

I'm not sure what other troubleshooting you've already done. What are the settings on your wait step? Have you confirmed that the wait step is where the process is getting stuck? You can view the process progress by going to the process management view - go to the Processes module and then via the nav bar menu, go to the Process Management view.

From there, you should be able to use the preview button to see where your process is getting stuck.

Business Analyst

Technology Advisors, Inc.

• Here's a precision:

With this process the wait event is operationnal:

If I put the Activity after the wait event, it is operationnal too.

But if I remove the Activity, the wait event doesn't function...??? I don't understand why.

• Found!

In fact the duration is more longer than I expected. If I put 2 min, I have to wait 4 min So I thought that it doesn't work.

Thank you for the time passed on this "incident"