Where does SugarCRM 7.6 store HTML newsletters/campaign archive files ?

Good afternoon everyone,

After looking for this piece of information, I didn't seem to find a suitable answer.

We are now going to send our monthly newsletters through SugarCRM. The goal is to centralise all our activity regarding clients and prospects together in one place. I do have a question though.

On each news letter, you usually the option to add a "view it in your browser" link. In general, you simply link the archive file and it opens up the newsletter in the browser. Or, if you wish to share your newsletter with non-subscribers (via social media for example) you simply use the archive file which works kinda like a landing page.

However, I can't seem to find any of that in SugarCRM. Is that even possible? If yes, does anyone know where I should look to find the campaign archive for an external use ?

Thanks!

• Hi Cedric,

This functionality does not exist in stock Sugar at this time. Please post this in the Explore section of the community so that it can be considered for future versions. As a workaround, you could copy the HTML of the email template and paste it into an HTML file, store it on your webserver, and link it in the email template. If your instance not on the On-Demand servers, you could probably automate this a bit using some PHP code to grab the HTML, create the file, and provide you with a link to put in the template. Let me know if you have any questions!

-Alan

• Good morning Alan,

Thanks a lot for your reply. You're just confirming my initial thoughts but I wasn't 100% sure. I'll definitely post this in the Ideas section as it would be more than useful in the future, at least for us (and maybe for a lot of other companies that wish to do the same).

We do have our own webserver and that's a good workaround for now. I did not consider that at first but it's a good idea. At least in the short run.

Cheers !