AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error: The following From address failed, SMTP Error 110

Question asked by Nick Giguere on Apr 26, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 6, 2017 by mahdi amin

I'm using Sugar CE Version 6.5.23 (Build 1061) on a shared server @ 1and1.  I am unable to send out email using Gmail or my own email (via 1and1).  I've tried different Gmail SMTP relay addresses, different ports, with or without authentication (Google Apps SMTP settings to send mail from a printer, scanner, or app - Google Apps Administrator Help ) etc... I've made sure to turn off two step verification and lowered security restrictions for my gmail account ... and I get the same error when attempting to send a test email "Error: The following From address failed: ..."

The Sugar error log shows:

Tue Apr 26 13:09:50 2016 [8013][1][FATAL] SMTP -> ERROR: Failed to connect to server. Code: 110 Reply: Connection timed out

Tue Apr 26 13:09:50 2016 [8013][1][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: The following From address failed: xxx@gmail.com

I have been unable to find any answers for that specific SMTP error.  1and1 'support' unsurprisingly laid the blame with sugar crm.

Has anyone come across this same issue with the smtp error code 110?  I've seen similar issues but no one has a solution.  I've been unable to find any similar solutions for that particular error on other chats...

Thank you in advance for any help!

Outcomes