AnsweredAssumed Answered

problems_with_update_of_legacy_version

Question asked by Patrick Silvestre on Apr 22, 2016
Latest reply on May 18, 2016 by Patrick Silvestre

Dear all,

I am currently trying to update a legacy version of SCRM (6.4.6). However, I seem to have lost my way, since I do have the following issues:

When using the built-in Upgrade Wizard, I get a blank screen ( tried several browsers with the same result ).

20160422_sugarcrm_trying_to_use_update_wizard.JPG

Next, when using Check for latest Sugar Version the system tells me that currently version 6.5.20 is available. Clicking on the link provided (support.sugar.com) prompts to a page, which does not feature the download of the corresponding file. Using the search function on the page did not reveal any download location and/or download link either.

20160422_sugarcrm_version_update_01.JPG

no download link provided

20160422_sugarcrm_version_update_wrong_landing_page.JPG

Since the result on the SCRM-page(s) was not satisfactory, I searched the web and came across a zip file with version 6.5.23.

This caused some confusion, since I am no longer sure wich version to install.

Moreover, I am unable to find a proper installation guide. Could somebody please point me towards a step-step-update guide, since I am quite new to system administration. I only managed to create a copy of the original system on a new server for a start, but I could not initialize the actual update. Please note that the tool is used on a daily basis, keeping user records and corresponding user actions is therefore of utmost importance.

I am looking to hearing from you and would like to thank you in advance for your support.

Kind regards

Patrick

Outcomes