AnsweredAssumed Answered

I customized the file 'custom/modules/Quotes/quotes.js' in Quotes module. Its working on my on-site server but when i migrated the code Sugar On-Demand "'custom/modules/Quotes/quotes.js'" not responding because Sugar On-Demand doesn't allow the change in

Question asked by Rahul Sharma on Apr 6, 2016

I got this message from On-Demand Support

In the full backup that you provided if I search the file at modules/Quotes/tpls/EditViewFooter.tpl for: src

Result reads:

{$CURRENCY_JAVASCRIPT}

<!--<script type="text/javascript" src="{sugar_getjspath file='modules/Quotes/quotes.js'}"></script>-->

<script type="text/javascript" src="{sugar_getjspath file='custom/modules/Quotes/quotes.js'}"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="{sugar_getjspath file='modules/Quotes/EditView.js'}"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

{literal}

while the same results in a stock version of this file reads:

{$CURRENCY_JAVASCRIPT}

<script type="text/javascript" src="{sugar_getjspath file='modules/Quotes/quotes.js'}"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="{sugar_getjspath file='modules/Quotes/EditView.js'}"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

{literal}

When I either edit the modules/Quotes/tpls/EditViewFooter.tpl in my local, or I replace the stock modules/Quotes/quotes.js (note, not custom) with the custom file from this full backup, I see the button.

Since this customization involves editing a stock file, this customization will not pass Sugar On-Demand's package scan. This is the reason why you are not seeing the customization in the OnDemand instance.

Outcomes