upload file error (data import)

Hello everyone,

I am migrating from CE 6.5.17 (Windows) to CE 6.5.22 (OS X)

I have installed the standard CE 6.5.22 stack pack on OS X. Afterwards, I have customized some fields in Accounts and Contacs modules (as they are in CE 6.5.17 Windows).

I have exported to a CSV file all Accounts data on CE 6.5.17 (Windows). Afterwards I have change CSV to UTF, just to keep the Spanish characters.

I have tried to import this file to Accounts on CE 6.5.22 (OS X) using Import Wizard, and it reports me this error:

File was not uploaded successfully. It may be that the 'upload_max_filesize' setting in your php.ini file is set to a small number

I have checked php.ini file, and I found this:

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.

; http://php.net/upload-max-filesize

upload_max_filesize = 8M

The file size I am trying to upload is 418K. I am not familiar managing php.ini file, neither with programming codes... But it looks like php.in upload setting is high enough for the file I am trying to upload. The CSV to UTF change should not be the problem, since I have tried to import the CSV file and the same error comes up.

Any help/idea will be very much appreciated

• Hi Amadeo,

Please also make sure you have enough permission to upload the CSV file. Check your config file and see if you have mentioned default user and group there. Here is for your reference: Tips for managing Sugar file permissions « Sugar Developer Blog – SugarCRM

Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Hats

• Hi Hats,

Many thanks for your response.

As I said before, I am not familiar managing php files and its code, so I need to make you further questions:

I have read my config_override.php. This is its content:

<?php

/***CONFIGURATOR***/

$sugar_config['default_currency_iso4217'] = 'EUR';

$sugar_config['default_currency_name'] = 'EURO';

$sugar_config['default_currency_symbol'] = '€';

/***CONFIGURATOR***/

So, shall I add the following lines to config_override.php?

$sugar_config['default_permissions']['user'] = 'user_goes_here'; //Empty by default

$sugar_config['default_permissions']['group'] = 'group_goes_here'; //Empty by default

$sugar_config['default_permissions']['dir_mode'] = 02770; //

$sugar_config['default_permissions']['file_mode'] = 0660; //

If so, shall I type them as they are above or shall I do any modification?

If not, is it possible to configure this from Sugar Admin Panel?

Best,

Amadeo

• I am having the same issue. What octal numbers (bold text below) need to be set in these lines of code to allow the admin user to upload a "Contacts"  cvs file? I would think the permissions for admin user would be the default during installation.but maybe not.

$sugar_config['default_permissions']['dir_mode'] = 02770; //

$sugar_config['default_permissions']['file_mode'] = 0660; //

Thanks in advance,
    Keith E.