I'm trying to customize the relationship add drawer for a module I'm building. A given record x in the module has a certain date attached to it, and it has one-to-many relationships with calls and meetings (record x can relate to multiple calls and multiple meetings). I want the start dates of all calls and meetings related to record x to match the start date of x, and I'm enforcing that rule with a logic hook that changes the date for the call or meeting record to match before the relationship is added. Of course, I want to alert the user with a yes/no popup in Sidecar, or there could be some unpleasant surprises for users. I thought I saw something maybe 18 months ago about Sidecar's equivalent of logic hooks for adding things like this, but now I can't find it anywhere. I really don't want to customize the entire related record selection drawer for this module; I'd like to keep it as close to factory as possible. But I need a place to insert some logic to do the following:
- Compare the start dates of the parent record x and the record y being linked.
- If the dates don't match, alert the user that the start date of y will be adjusted. Ask if the user wants to proceed.
- If the user says no, stop the link process and return to the selection drawer.
- If the user says yes, proceed with the linking.
- If the dates do match, proceed with the linking.
Does anyone know a way to insert this logic without hacking the core?