When I check the console its giving me a 500 error. I tried quick repair and also reboot the server but the error persists.
Actually 500 internal server error belongs to php error.So you need to check php error_log file.
My colleague said "Some files in the `sugarcrm directory gets changed to root:root when it should be www-data:www-data".
in our sugar 7 server. Quick fix he made is to run /var/www/sugarcrm7# chown -R www-data:www-data in our sugar 7 server.
I would try to enforce the desired user/group via Sugar's configuration files.
Please also check whether you set up the cronjob with the root user to call the cron.php
This is the process to let you sugar run with the scheduler, but it will generate some new cache file as well. If you run the cronjob with the root user, some cache file will be set with owner :root. That might cause the problem in the future.
Retrieving data ...