AnsweredAssumed Answered

IN Keyword

Question asked by zroth on Jan 13, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2016 by zroth

Hi,

Relative newbie, using rest v4 from external application and trying to get some basic filters setup and to try to figure why some are failing.

Using "get_entry_list" function and trying various strings for "query" variable to setup filter. I was able to narrow down my problem to a really silly example as follows.

contacts.id IN (select contacts.id FROM contacts) returns Access Denied error. I know that this specific query is pretty ridiculous, but it shows the point that it cannot be really an access error but rather something that causes code to think it is calling different table.

The code of  contacts.id IN('5d928021-8f57-6e04-95b6-54765c6ae7f4','e902e1cf-fc86-732a-2ab1-5147f7fe3f4e') works just fine. So the problem is related to being done via SELECT statement.

What is interesting that while the following code works:

contacts.id in (SELECT eabr.bean_id FROM email_addr_bean_rel eabr JOIN email_addresses ea ON (ea.id = eabr.email_address_id) WHERE eabr.deleted=0 and ea.email_address LIKE '%@gmail.%')

taking the same code and changing it to the following fails with access error too.

contacts.id in (SELECT eabr.bean_id FROM email_addr_bean_rel eabr)  or contacts.id in (SELECT email_addr_bean_rel.bean_id FROM email_addr_bean_rel)

Please help me make sense of this, as I am struggling with what should have been minimal project.

Thanks,

Outcomes