Where is sorting customization for header bar arrows in list view located?

We are trying to move to a new  virtualized server. 

I have changed no code and only the MySQL version has change from 5.5 to 5.1

Now the sorting arrows in the list view header in one of the custom modules doesn't work. 

I am trying to find where any customization to this module has in the way of sorting.

Note: The advance search still sort correctly.

• Amy,

That field attribute is typically found in the listviewdefs.php as 'sortable' => false, but the default is 'sortable'=>true, so if it is not there, the default should add the sorting for you.  Another place is the custom/modules/<module_name>/Ext/Layoutdefs/layoutdefs.ext.php which has an attribute that usually says: 'sort_order' => 'asc', -- but, that is only designating which direction to sort as a default, not IF it should be sortable.

Plus, again, I assume if you copied all of the code, that should be there.

I guess another option, since you mention that this is a custom module is to check the database. As I read in an answer by Prashant Patel "Check the 'fields_meta_data' table that is not having entries of your custom fields that you have created from studio"

Finally, have you done a Repair?

Let me know if any of this is helpful.

• Hello Amy & Tim,

I hope both of you are doing well.

Amy Cox : If you can which version of sugarcrm you are using and what type of custom module you have created from studio? Also what type of field that you are trying to do sorting?

As you said that it is working if you perform Advance search and then click on that field and it sorts correct but not on normal listview load , which sounds wired to me. If you can do quick repair and rebuild then it should work. I believe that there is not any extra modification done on that field.

Tim Turnquist : Thanks for mentioning me into this thread and marking my answer as helpful to you.

Thanks.

• Hello Amy Cox

I believe this is not the browser cache issue.So to be double sure if you can try by clear your browser cache or try on incognito mode on chrome or private browsing on firefox.

Let me and Tim Turnquist so we can follow your problem and help to solve that.

Thanks

• We found the issue.

While changing the server the System Administrator changed some settings as well.

The issue was tracked down to an issue in the server config, specifically a couple of php.ini variables:

1. suhosin.post.max_name_length
    2. suhosin.request.max_varname_length

These variables have a default value of 64 characters, and the request variable generated when you try to sort a column in the Admission Applications List view was being dropped by the server due to these config values.

They increased the limits to 96 chars within /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/suhosin.ini and that seemed to resolve the issue.

• Amy,

Thanks for updating and posting the solution. I am sure someone will find this very helpful in the future.

Thanks,

Tim