email campaign not running

Hello,

New to Sugar, we got the system setup no problem. Outbound email tests successful. We setup a simple email campaign with two recipients, It was setup and scheduled with wizard, shows as active but wont run, and scheduler shows as nothing has run for email campaigns. We did not receive any errors running wizard, but never received email to the targets?

• Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply and it sounds like you nailed it. I see other schedulers as active but not certain how to tell if they are running or have ran. I get the jist of the batch file so hopefully this will get the emails out the door as I did not do this...

Again, thanks for your help and I will report back shortly with results of activating cron per the article.

• ok running into some issues getting the syntax correct for batch file. I found the following files in these locations.

c:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.22\php\php-cgi.exe

c:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.22\php\php.ini

C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.22\apps\sugarcrm\htdocs\cron.php

my problem is I cant really find where "sugar" is installed as they don't mention an actual executable in the document to look for. Here is the syntax I have so far based on the document but stuck on the change directory piece. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sugar.bat

cd\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.22\apps\sugarcrm\htdocs ????

c:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.22\php\php-cgi.exe -c c:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.22\php\php.ini -f cron.php

• Sugar is just a website that is running in your web server.  If that's IIS, it's probably C:\inetpub\wwwroot.  If that's Apache, I don't know where it would be installed.  If you open up the Admin section of Sugar then open the Scheduler hyperlink, it should give you the text you need to use in your cron setup.  Something like: *    *    *    *    *     cd /var/www/html/crm; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Also on that screen, you can click on any Scheduler and it will show you a Job Log of the history of the Job running.

• Hi Brett,

be careful not to use the wrong executables. Normally, you would want to run the cron job through the php.exe file, so the sugar.bat file in your case shoudl look like this (no warranties):

cd \Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.22\apps\sugarcrm\htdocs

c:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.22\php\php.exe -c c:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.22\php\php.ini -f cron.php

You chose rather unusual paths for your SugarCRM installation, so please double check directories and file permissions for SugarCRM. If the created batch file runs fine when started manually, you just need to create a new job in the Windows task scheduler which runs the job every minute. It has to be run with a user who has read/write access to the SugarCRM directory.

Greets,

Mark

• Hi Mark,

I didn't choose the install paths, as I used the fast track install so technically I'm working with the default installation directories . I went to scheduler as Justin directed and found this command.

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.22\apps\sugarcrm\htdocs

php.exe -f cron.php

So I created the batch file, added a pause and first it told me php.exe isn't recognized (because its not in that directory) so I moved it in and reran the batch file. Then got a second error stating that php5ts.dll was missing so I dragged that file into htdocs directory. Then reran and now I get this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.22\apps\sugarcrm\htdocs\inclue\database\MysqliManager.php on line 278

I am really stuck, finding it hard to believe its this hard to create a batch file to turn this software on?

• Hi Mark,

Thanks for your help, I tried your batch realizing no warranties : ) and heres what I got....

'c:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Not sure what to do at this point, doesn't make much sense....

• Hi Bratt,

sorry, i missed the special characters in the commands, so please change it to:

cd "\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.22\apps\sugarcrm\htdocs"

"c:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.22\php\php.exe" -c "c:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.22\php\php.ini" -f cron.php

Please verify that all mentioned files are existing in the locations stated above. The errors with missing modules are caused by not stating which php.ini should be used, resulting in no modules being loaded - no database connectors etc.

Greets,

Mark

• Mark,

Cannot thank you enough, that did the trick!

Thanks, Tom