How to create a new field with dropdown list in Meetings?

Hi all

I'm trying to add more options under Meeting Type dropdown list in SugarCRM but looks like I can't add in any more options than "Sugar". So I decided to create a new field in SugarCRM with a customized dropdown list. I tried a few things in "Dropdown editor" and "Studio", but I can't seem to reflect them in the interface when I create a new meeting. Can anyone show me how to do that?

Thanks.

Song

• Hey,

After Creating a new field, you have to add the same into Layout(Edit View, Detail View, List View etc..)

To Add field into Layout

1. Open Administrative Section

2. Go to Studio and Select Respective Module

3. Click on "Layouts" link button, select EditView (to add field in create/edit screen)

4. Drag your new field from left panel list into Layout and Click on "Save & Deploy" button

~Sagar Salunkhe

• Hi Sugar Salunkhe

Thanks for the reply, I managed to create the new dropdown list. I noticed that I'll have to create a new dropdown list in the "Dropdown Editor", before I can select it in the "Drop Down List" option when creating a new field. And then since I don't exactly have the "EditView" button in the "Layouts", I need to drag in the new dropdown list in all the layouts (for the modules I'm working on, they are "Record VIew", "ListView" and "Popup VIew") before this new dropdown list is fully deployed. But eventually it all worked out! So thanks a lot.

Song