When will the Users module go to Sidecar?

Any thoughts on when Users will become a sidecar module?

Since upgrading to 7.6.1 I am having repeated and random issues with that module when performing Repair/Rebuilds.

Relationships between Users and other modules, including Roles, appear/disappear with no apparent reason.

This has a serious impact on our ability to deploy changes as we risk loosing Roles each time we do a QRR.

Anyone else seeing these issues?

FrancescaS

• Hi Francesca,

I can't provide a solid date for moving Users/Employees to the Sugar7 UX, but it's high on the remaining list.  Calls/Meetings came out in 7.6, Knowledge Base is coming in 7.7, Quotes is likely next, then we can evaluate Users/Employees against some of the other modules.

I'm curious, though-- the issues you're describing shouldn't really be affected by Users being in Sidecar or not.  Users is not the most customizable module in the system, given the non-standard layouts and etc., but QRR and out-of-the-box relationships should work consistently well.  Is it worth digging into that?  Have you customized up the Users module much?

• We have added a couple of fields to the Users module and two relationships (one to Cases for "Contributing Engineers" and one to Customer Visits (a custom module) for Personnel involved in the visit. Nothing you can't do via Studio.

I believe the SchedulerAlerts third party package also has links to Users for notifications.

I went through a lot of troubleshooting with your Technical Support team right after the upgrade to 7.6.1 (See Cases 227107 and 227420)

I was hoping it was fixed once and for all but it's not. I have 3 sandboxes plus production. The problem shows in PRD and only one of the sandboxes thus far, which is confusing because they are all copies of PRD (data and scripts).

I am sure you have my phone (see case 227107) and email address in your records. Feel free to contact me privately for more details and to see what I see. TST is actually broken right now.

Thanks,
    FrancescaS