AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ancient SOAP API Integration for sugar v7

Question asked by Caim Astraea on Nov 5, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2017 by Marah Sayaman

I saw in one of most amazing Jeff Bickart  videos he was describing how he was making use of a custom connector to interface with hubspot from a sugar CRM module to sync data bi-directionaly.

SugarCRM Power Hour with Jeff Bickart: Layouts, Views & Building a Wizard - YouTube

Is this the best/fastest way to interface with an external webservice?

Was thinking could do the same in my situation where I would need to sync my custom module data with data from a really old and poorly documented SOAP webservice.

Not sure what's the best way to go about it.

1) Either create a custom sugar REST api endpoint that would communicate with the SOAP WS and have a button to call action either on the listview or record view of the custom module.

2)  Create a custom connector as described here http://support.sugarcrm.com/Documentation/Sugar_Developer/Sugar_Developer_Guide_6.5/Application_Framework/Connectors/Exa… and implemented by Jeff Bickart in his HubSpot module that syncs data in real time.

Not sure how I would approach the second option as it's not thoroughly documented and could not find solid example or if it's even possible anymore in sugar7 ?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Razvan

Outcomes