AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relate using phone extension, full phone number, or email address

Question asked by Ryan Bankston on Oct 6, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 8, 2015 by Ryan Bankston
I'm building a custom module package for reporting.  All the modules are basic.

Parent Modules:
Clients
Callers
Analysts

All Parents above have a one to many relationship to both Childs below:

Child Modules:
Contacts
Tickets

The Contacts Module contains call log records which may contain either a (FROM) phone number field or an (FROM) email address field that 'relates' to a Caller in the Caller module.  I'd like to relate the Contact (call log) record to the Caller by either of these two fields at import.

The Contacts Module contains call log records which may contain either a (TO) phone number field or a (TO) email address field that 'relates' to a Client in the Client module.  I'd like to relate the Contact (call log) record to the Client by either of these two fields at import.

The Tickets Module contains fields for a phone number and email address that 'relates' to a Caller.  I'd like to relate the Ticket to the Caller by either of these two fields at import.

The end result should allow me to see a one to many relationship inside Caller for any Ticket or Contact that uses the Caller's phone number or email address.  A one to many relationship inside any client for any contact or email address that uses the Client's phone number or email address.

I'm 99% sure this is possible given how the out of the box email functionality automatically relates by the email address, but haven't been able to find an easy way to do it.  

Thanks for any advice you can offer me!

I'm using CE inside my network.  Version 6.5.22 (Build 1055).

Outcomes