AnsweredAssumed Answered

Add Case 'Insert Variable's to Workflow email template

Question asked by dnolan dnolan on Sep 24, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 25, 2015 by Horia Culina
My workflow: When a Contact sends a email to our helpdesk, it goes through SugarCrm, creating a Case which is linked to that Contact and assigned to one of our helpdesk techs.  

My situation:   When a Case gets created, I have a Workflow setup that sends an alert email to the assigned helpdesk tech User telling them that a new case has been assigned to them.

My needs:  I need this alert email to automatically start a Threaded Email so helpdesk can use this thread and their base communication with the Contact's Case from their email client(Outlook).  This entails customizing my 'New Case' workflow email template to include a) Case # Macro in the subject line and b) the body of the initial Case in the body of the email

The issue:  There is no option for 'Case' in the 'Insert Variable' dropdown when editing my Email Template.  I need the Case # and Case body for the newly generated Case to be included in this email.

Question:  Is there a way to customize my Workflow Email Template to include the Case # macro in the subject line and the Case body in the email body?

Outcomes