AnsweredAssumed Answered

Field Builder Calc Help

Question asked by Joshua Baer on Sep 18, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 19, 2015 by Joshua Baer
Im trying to figure out the details to a calculation I am building in Field Builder. I have 3 drop downs I am using to score records with. Each of the 3 drop down has different questions and answers, but the values are numbers in the drop down editors.

I want to add the three drop downs for a total score. So I created a field called Total and add this to it:
add(number($transaction_meat_c),number($opportunity_type),number($guidelines_c),number($communicationscore2_c))

Works great, but the problem is that if no one has selected the score for the drop dows, the total shows 0, which is  a bad score for my situation. So what I need is a formula that only adds if there is a value in the dropdown, otherwise do not do the calculation.
I want the total field to show blank if the drop down scoring has not been set yet.

I also tried this, but it seems the exact same thing happens.
add(
ifElse(or(equal($transaction_meat_c,""),equal(strToLower(string($transaction_meat_c)),"null")),0,$transaction_meat_c),
ifElse(or(equal($opportunity_type,""),equal(strToLower(string($opportunity_type)),"null")),0,$opportunity_type),
ifElse(or(equal($communicationscore2_c,""),equal(strToLower(string($communicationscore2_c)),"null")),0,$communicationscore2_c),
ifElse(or(equal($guidelines_c,""),equal(strToLower(string($guidelines_c)),"null")),0,$guidelines_c)
)

Im not the greatest with these calculations. Anyone have ideas that may help?

Outcomes