SOAP depreciation and support in 7 and above

Can anyone tell me what the support will be for the Legacy SOAP API moving forward on v7? Or am i faced with having to re-write everything in REST!
  • SugarCRM v7 use the library for PHP:
    NuSOAP
    https://github.com/deviservi/nusoap

You can use in your APIs, is located in the "vendor" directory
  • Thanks Lenin, i have a c# project :(. The existing code has Legacy Soap API calls but i need to know if this will continue to be supported or do i need to look at re-writing to the REST v10
  • As far as I can see soap is still working in 7.6 and most of your processes should still work. but you should plan on converting to rest.
  • Hi Robert,

Apologies for the delay in replying... I was out for some vacation time, but am back!  I'm part of the PM team focusing on Platform, and the SOAP and REST APIs are part of my purview.

Fortunately, I can give you even better news... I have heard some rumors circling that we're deprecating the SOAP APIs or removing them entirely, but I can confirm that's absolutely not true!  We intend to continue supporting SOAP, even though you've seen Sugar7 rely on a lot of improvements and new functionality exposed through REST.

We do have support for versioning in SOAP requests, so any future changes or enhancements won't necessarily break compatibility with any integrations or applications you've written (that's our aim).  We also recognize that the REST APIs expose more advanced functionality than SOAP does today, especially in line with the Sugar7 architecture, but we do have long-term plans to enhance SOAP as well.  Our understanding is that the two different technologies have different compatibility layers and are best used under certain circumstances... so with that, yes, we intend to keep SOAP.

If you have any detailed questions, let me know!  Or open another topic in the Community, and I'm sure the group can help.

- Julian
    Senior Director, Products
    SugarCRM Inc.