AnsweredAssumed Answered

CRM application becoming slow when load increases but CPU and RAM resources available

Question asked by V V on Aug 24, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 23, 2015 by 6764049

I need help with performance tuning of my mysql db.

I'm using a Sugarcrm CE on a machine with the below config Processor: Xeon E5-2630v3 8 core x 2 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Hard disk: SAS 1 TB Raid OS: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS SugarCRM version: 6.5.10 CE DB: mysql DB size: 5 GB Database engine: MyISAM

Sometimes the crm application becomes very slow and takes forever to open the pages. I checked some of the server parameters and observed that whenever the mysql Threads goes close to 150 it becomes very slow (please refer to the attachment). The max the threads goes to is 153. I increased the max_connections to 300 but the no. of Threads still do not go over 153 and become really slow when it reaches that limit.

I did a top command and saw that more the load does not exceed 6-7 in my 16 core server. About 50% memory is also available. CPU is available. So my guess is that it has something to do with the Threads.

Seeking advice on how to troubleshoot and fix this issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Outcomes