AnsweredAssumed Answered

Partial writing of app_list_string arrays in language file

Question asked by Daniel Gray on Aug 23, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 by Daniel Gray
Version 6.5, CE edition

My issue is caused by the /custom/include/language/<lang>.lang.php file getting written with partial arrays for the dropdown list app_list_strings by the sugar application.

This occurs when sugar dynamically appends dropdown list value arrays to the language file for rendering on views. The partial array causes a PHP parse error reported in the Apache error logs. This causes PHP to kill execution and render a permanent blank screen within my sugar instance.

The Apache error logs gives me the line number and so each time this happens I have to edit the file and remove the partial array. Mostly, the array is a duplicate, since this file gets custom dropdown list value arrays appened to the file each time Sugar hits the page the list is on. Very bad prgramming technique this, as the file just grows exponentially!

Regardless, this solves it each time, but not a long term fix as it happens several times in a day. I'm still trying to work out what is causing the partial updating of the language file.

Any ideas anyone?

Outcomes