AnsweredAssumed Answered

new relationship with no subpanel

Question asked by Paul Carlton on Jun 19, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2015 by Jaume Albaigès
I am currently trying to setup a many to many relationship of accounts to accounts.  I am creating it using "Studio".  I am currently unable to populate the new relationship as a subpanel in the Accounts Module.  As in when I view an account, it does not show up as a subpanel.  Currently this is the steps that was advised via email:

1. Navigate to Admin > Studio > Accounts.
2. Click on Relationships.
3. Click on Add Relationship
4. For the Primary and Secondary modules, ensure Accounts is selected, and for the Type, ensure Many to Many is selected.
5. If you would like the labels of the subpanels to read something other than "Accounts", be sure to change the Label field for one or both.
6. Click Save and Deploy.

Your account will now have a new subpanel for Related accounts, which you can either create new accounts from, or link accounts to using the "Link Existing Record" option from the dropdown.

I have gone through the steps but no subpanel for the Accounts module exists.  I read this article: http://support.sugarcrm.com/04_Knowledge_Base/02Administration/100Studio_and_Module_Builder/Understa... and tried different combinations to see if there was something I was missing, to no avail.  I looked into /custom/module/Accounts/Ext/Layoutdefs and Vardefs but I did see the subpanel and definitions in there.  I have tried to Repair and refresh.

What am I missing to get this to work properly?  An account should simply be able to link to another account as in one account is a parent account to another and be viewable as well as able to link an account via a subpanel in the Accounts Module.  How am I able to do that almost exactly like the Contacts subpanel?

Thanks,

Outcomes