AnsweredAssumed Answered

"Failed to copy cache/upgrades/temp" when installing a new module

Question asked by David Sumner on Jun 18, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2015 by katflp katflp
Working with SugarCRM Community Edition v 6.5.20-2 on a pre-packaged AWS instance from Bitnami.  I am attempting to create a new module.  I'm able to define the new package with the name newtestmodule1 in Module Builder, however if I try to deploy it, I get an error.  If I go into Module Loader, and click Install, it fails at 29% with the following:

Failed to copy cache/upgrades/temp/JDXNum/icons custom/themes

In this install, the root for SugarCRM is /opt/bitnami/apps/sugarcrm/htdocs/

I don't see any such directory cache/upgrades/temp/JDXNum/icons under it.  The path stops at "....temp", so I assume JDXNum/icons isn't getting created.

In a previous post, the suggestion was made to verify the path in manifest.php.  I found two such files:

/opt/bitnami/apps/sugarcrm/htdocs/custom/modulebuilder/builds/newtestmodule1/manifest.php

/opt/bitnami/apps/sugarcrm/htdocs/custom/modulebuilder/packages/newtestmodule1/manifest.php

The first one has this call:

$installdefs = array (

'id' => 'newtestmodule1',

'beans' =>

array (

),

'layoutdefs' =>

array (

),

'relationships' =>

array (

),

'image_dir' => '<basepath>/icons',

);

I assume the image_dir path is the one they're referring to, but I'm not sure what it should be based on this directory structure.  I've seen two other similar posts, but none indicated that the poster found a solution.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Outcomes