AnsweredAssumed Answered

New Lead is linked to Account, but does not show up in its "Leads" subpanel

Question asked by René "Tiri" Dippe on May 13, 2015
Latest reply on May 13, 2015 by René "Tiri" Dippe
Hi folks,

I'm currently working with SugarCRM 6.5.20 (Build 1001) CE on a customer's project. Now there occured a problem I could not find any help for up to now. The problem is as described in the summary above, but let me explain it a bit more detailed.

Our customer found a bug that seems to be related to the link between a lead and an account.

When they create a new lead via the "Leads" module, link it to an account and save it, the lead gets saved and seems to be fine and legit. But when they open up the detail view of the corresponding account the "Leads" subpanel does not contain the just created lead at all.

When they tried to do the same with an opportunity instead of a lead (just for checking and verifying) the opportunity appeared in the related subpanel of the corresponding account (as expected), as well as when they tried to create a new lead directly from the account's subpanel via QuickCreate.

Steps:
  1. Go to "Leads" module via menu
  2. create "New Lead"
  3. link the lead to an account
  4. save the lead
  5. go to the detail view of the linked account
  6. Scroll down to "Leads" subpanel
  7. Tada ... as you see, you see nothin' at all.
Does anybody know the cause of this issue and/or how to fix it? I've already checked the php source codes, and as it seems not to be related to any custom logic but maybe a bug in the original codes which I currently don't dare to touch.

Please feel free to answer in German or in English just as you prefer ;)

Outcomes