AnsweredAssumed Answered

MySql connection errors during install

Question asked by Nate Nate on Apr 17, 2015
I installed MySql and php_mysql on my host (an EC2 instance) and I see these error. 

I'm able to connect as "localhost" in a php script with a call to mysqli_connect. Even after adding a security rule to allow inbound MySql connections from any IP address, it fails when trying to connect to the database host using its IP address. I verified the db credentials and I created the database "sugarcrm".

Is there some additional config required to allow MySql to accept connections for the IP address?

These are the errors:

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2003): Can't connect to MySQL server on '52.8.22.142' (110) in /var/www/html/pro/sugarcrm/include/database/MysqliManager.php on line 318 Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /var/www/html/pro/sugarcrm/include/database/MysqliManager.php on line 347 Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /var/www/html/pro/sugarcrm/include/database/MysqliManager.php on line 353 Warning: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /var/www/html/pro/sugarcrm/include/database/MysqliManager.php on line 290 Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /var/www/html/pro/sugarcrm/include/database/MysqliManager.php on line 141 Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /var/www/html/pro/sugarcrm/include/database/MysqliManager.php on line 141

Please fix the following errors before proceeding:

• The provided database host, username, and/or password is invalid, and a connection to the database could not be established. Please enter a valid host, username and password
  • Unable to check database version.

Outcomes