AnsweredAssumed Answered

E-Mail Campaign?  How to implement auto updated content (not just name fields)

Question asked by CS CS on Mar 14, 2015
I'm new to SugarCRM, and I've got a question that is probably very simple to do, but I'm having trouble finding out how to do it.

I've been all through everything I can think of, and I can't find the answer.  When I set up an e-mail campaign (got that ok), and set up and e-mail template for the campaign, how do you have the campaign run automatically?  Does it just send the e-mail as a static form so the lead gets the exact same message again and again?  How can you use the e-mail template to have a drip campaign that provides updated content each time the e-mail is sent?  

Just one example, when I search for adding an RSS feed to the e-mail template, I only get results for Sales Force.  Is this not possible with Sugar?  

So if I want a campaign that sends an e-mail once a month (a newsletter), do I need to create a template for each and every month?  That kind of defeats the purpose of setting up a newsletter.  If I wanted to create a template for each e-mail going out, I would just send a bulk e-mail.  Please help me figure out how this works, and how to get this set up.

Thanks.

Outcomes