AnsweredAssumed Answered

Getting Sugar CE to work with office365 emails for users

Question asked by John Dawson on Feb 24, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 4, 2015 by John Dawson
HI - we're using CE Version 6.5.20 (Build 1001) and we're having real issues with email settings for office365. What we need to happen is for each user to use their own email settings to send emails. Currently the Admin user is the only person who can successfully send emails.

Under our email settings, the Outbound Mail Configuration is set to the details of our system admin. We have unchecked the box saying "Allow users to use this account for 

WHen I log in as a user and try to set up my office365 credentials, I find that I am able to send a test email successfully. I set my port to 587 and use TLS as advised and all seems well. However when I exit the Outgoing Mail Server Properties dialogue box, the port settings won't save and I'm unable to send emails in the normal way.

Our server admin is thinks it's an office365 issue but since it works for the Admin user and all our settings are the same, this doesn't seem likely. Does anyone have any similar experience or any idea how this might be fixed?

Thanks in advance,
John

Outcomes