Where did the  "<  >" buttons go?

When I view an Account list there is "< >" at the top right, next to the edit button.  This allows you to click to the next account rather easily.

But if you click to edit the account and then save... the "< >" is no longer there.

Where did they go?  Or how do I now click to the next account in a list.  Without them, I am moving very slowly.

Thanks
  • Hi Aevangelist,

The Next or Previous Record buttons allow you to click through the results of the current list view, while on the record view of one of your list view records. Are you seeing these buttons when accessing an account from the list view? They will not show if you are accessing the account's record view from a related record (such as clicking on the account from a contact record) since there is no related list view.

I hope this helps!
    Alex
  • Hi Alex,

So... I am in the list view of accounts. I have 120 so I need to click through them all kinda quickly.

So from the list view I click on an account.  and I see the N or P record button at the top.

Then I create a new call... save the call. and it brings me back to the same account view screen, but now no N or P record buttons.

This is the same view right?

If this is not possible.  Is there another way to click trough a list rather fast.

Thanks again.

• Hi Avengelist,

This is because the original list of Accounts that we use with the Next and Previous buttons gets lost when you transition between the Account record and the Call record due to the fact that the Calls module in Sugar 7.5 is a legacy module.  We keep track of that list in the browser's memory but it gets lost when the page refreshes because of the transition to the legacy module and back.

You will not find this problem when working with Sugar 7 modules.  For example, creating a Contact or Opportunity on that same Account record.

Calls and Meetings will become Sugar 7 modules in Sugar 7.6 so at least you won't have to deal with this happening because of the Calls module for much longer.

App Ecosystem @ SugarCRM