AnsweredAssumed Answered

sugarcrm 6.5.2 having issues setting up outgoing smtp email using gmail (google apps for business.)

Question asked by Earl Saunders on Feb 14, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2015 by Justin Kuehlthau
i cannot set up outgoing email when using our google apps for business domain as my outgoing email provider. i get this error "SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: The following From address failed:" i get no other errors when i look at the log files other than the one i listed above. 

i can use other smtp servers without issues with all types of security settings without any issue.
just wonder what i'm missing, I am little bit lost since there is little to know information in the log files. 

also for some background information, i have 2 step verification off but i have tried to set it up and make a application password for sugar and i still get the same errors. i have also tried port 465 and switched from tls to ssl ..etc with no difference in the error i get. 

here is a paste of the line of error i get with just the email blocked out to x's 
""Fri 13 Feb 2015 11:09:01 PM CET [2191][1][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: The following From address failed: xxxx.xxxxxx@xxxxxx.ca""

when i use other smtp servers i can purposely set wrong passwords or security settings and it reflects the error in the log file but when i use our email which is hosted on google i get only that one line error. 

also i can use the same exact settings and slap them into a email client like outlook and it works and i'm able to send and receive email no problem.

Outcomes