AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issues Getting Relationships to Work

Question asked by Andy Warren on Jan 17, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 by Rolustech Rolustech
I'm at a loss.  I am using SugarCRM to migrate in customer data from a Point of Sale system for the retail company that my family owns.  Each record is being imported in to the Customer Module and has a unique Customer ID from the Point of Sale system that I would like to use as the key for the record.  It also has several other fields, including address, phone, and other such information.  I am also importing another file that contains 11 fields worth of additional data that is being analyzed and aggregated in SPSS, including the same Customer ID field from the Point of Sale system.  I would like to display this additional information at the bottom of the Customer record and also be able to report and segment customers off of the data.

From what I understand, this would represent a 1-to-1 relationship since the Customer ID should map directly to both files.  I have set it up this way in Studio within Sugar, but I can't get the information to show at the bottom of the Customer screen.  It seems like I should be telling Sugar what field it needs to use as the key but I can't figure out where to do this.  Can someone offer some advise or help?

Outcomes