AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sugar Upgrade 6.5 to 7.5, 500 internal server error after login.

Question asked by jerrod@casitatraveltrailers.com jerrod@casitatraveltrailers.com on Jan 14, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 by debal debal
Hi all, we have been using Sugar 6.5 Pro and now that there is an upgrade package to 7.5 i have been working on it. I set up a separate dev/test server and first installed a completely clean/blank copy of Sugar 7.5 after some work, i got it to work perfectly.

I then made a copy of our Suguar 6.5 Pro from our live server to our developer server, and went with the method of silent upgrade. After MUCH bug hunting and log checking i finally got the silent upgrade to complete and say success.

Now it does show the login screen fine, however when i login it shows 500 internal server error screen "Please check the log". The actual sugar log says nothing, no error at all. To make sure it was working i logged in incorrectly on purpose and it showed the failed login attempt in the log so i know that the sugar.log works.

I then went and checked the error.log for Apache2 and it is showing this..

[Wed Jan 14 12:44:06 2015] [error] [redacated] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: lockoutexpiration in /var/www/modules/Users/authentication/SugarAuthenticate/SugarAuthenticate.php on line 56, referer: [myurl]
[Wed Jan 14 12:44:06 2015] [error] [redacated] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: userexpiration in /var/www/modules/Users/password_utils.php on line 90, referer: [myurl]

I removed my server urls, and personal ip's but that is the entire error....

One note, at first there was a error in sugar.log complaining about the timezone not being set so i went and set it in the php.ini and now the sugar.log stays blank and seems to be happy. I looked in those files listed above but i dont see anything out of the ordinary.. its just cases for checking if the password is expired and should be changed etc.

I am at a loss and have no clue what else to do at this point.

Outcomes