AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lead managemnet: Email address not displayed and lost

Question asked by Klaus Müller on Jan 2, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 20, 2015 by Alex Nassi
Hi,   

I imported a set of  46 leads in SugarCRM which I have to qualify as to the lead status and  lead source. The issue appears if the following workflow is used:

1. Access the lead  list.
  2. Select a lead for  edition (way to access the edit form is not relevant)
  3. Click on Edit
  4. Set a lead status
  5. Click on Save and  Continue or select the next record
  6. Click on Save or  Save and Continue

and so on

The email address of  the second and any following lead you edit this way are LOST!.

The issue does not  appear if you proceed the following way:

1. Access the lead  list.
  2. Select a lead for  edition (way to access the edit form is not relevant)
  3. Click on Edit
  4. Set a lead status
  5. SAVE THE DATA NOW
  6. Select the next  record for edition using the arrows on the right of the screen.
  7. Repeat this  procedure

The feature  involving accessing the next record in edit mode is flawed with  respect to the email address fields and the following should be  modified with respect to the following:

- The user shall be  able to access the next record in edit mode only if the data is  properly saved or he explicitly discarded the changes

From the  investigation I conducted it results the data is not fetched properly  as the next record is retrieved for edition. However I could not find  something relevant in the log file of SugarCRM.

Unfortunately I am  not a PHP programmer (I use PERL), I am not familiar with AJAX (I use  JSON) and I am not familiar with SugarCRM either. So it would be nice  if you could have a look at this matter because I have no chance to  fix this.  

Technical data:

•     SugarCRM: Community  Edition, Version 6.5.20, downloaded from sf.net on Jan 02, 2015
  • PHP:   5.5.9-1ubuntu4.5 (cli) (built: Oct 29 2014 11:59:10), Zend Engine  v2.5.0
Thanks for your help
K.

Outcomes