AnsweredAssumed Answered

Domain moved to another server, Sugar stayed on original server and does not work anymore

Question asked by Alexander Alexander on Nov 3, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 4, 2014 by Alexander Alexander
Hi everybody,

we use sugarCRM (CE 6.5.17) for our startup and are super happy with it. But now there is a problem.

For the startup phase I installed sugar on a test server with our company domain (www.ourcompany.com). At the same time we built up a production server where our company website was being installed and tested. Once the website was ready we redirected our URL (www.ourcompany.com) via DNS from the test server to the new production server.

Sugar should stay on the old test server, however, ourcompany.com/sugar was naturally now not working anymore. So I changed the domain in the sugar config file (host_name & site_url) from ourcompany.com/sugar to w123456.testserver.com/sugar (the test server base domain).

Once I changed the config file, sugar was displaying an error when I tried to open up sugar in my browser. The following error appears now:
Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w012379e/sugar/config.php:1) in /www/htdocs/w012379e/sugar/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php on line 594

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /www/htdocs/w012379e/sugar/config.php:1) in /www/htdocs/w012379e/sugar/include/MVC/SugarApplication.phpon line 594

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w012379e/sugar/config.php:1) in /www/htdocs/w012379e/sugar/include/utils.php on line 2647

Does anyone have an idea how to get sugar back working? I could not find any clues in the forums or knowledge base unfortunately.

I already tried to reset the config to the old domain (because with the old domain in the config file, sugar was still working until I changed the url in the config file...), but that did not help.

Thanks so much for any help!!

Best
Alex

Outcomes