AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple, intermittent email failures CE Version 6.4.0 (Build 7276)

Question asked by debbiekipt on Sep 22, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2015 by Sam W
Hi all!
Please, can anyone help?!

After 2.5 years of use, I am encountering multiple, intermittent and now crippling issues when trying to send emails.

The SMTP settings have been checked multiple times and are correct - to put it simply, sometimes they all work for a period and others, no mailbox in the CRM will send at all.

Today is the latter :-(
BUT...A new issue has also now become apparent today - After multiple fails and still no email appearing in the 'sent' folder, a customer emailed to thank me for the email!!
So in his case it had actually sent, though it does not appear as such in the CRM.
(I do not know if he got it multiple times, or just the once)

We started getting 'forge' reports a few days ago and our host replied that we could not longer send emails from another domain other than the one provided in Admin > Email settings due to server changes to improve security.
The day after this, we had full function again from all emails, including those NOT on the main admin domain!! This was great but now we are back to no emails working at all - or appearing to!

The host suggested... "Please ask the CRM support team if there is a way to change the way of sending emails from SMTP to Sendmail or mail()."

Is this possible?

Does anyone have any other solutions,workarounds or advice, getting desperate now!

Extract of part of this afternoons error log below:
   Mon Sep 22 14:19:49 2014 [27230][1][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: (valid email address removed for privacy)  Mon Sep 22 14:21:47 2014 [28390][1][FATAL] SMTP -> ERROR: RCPT not accepted from server. Code:  Reply:    Mon Sep 22 14:21:47 2014 [28390][1][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: (valid email address removed for privacy)
Mon Sep 22 14:22:25 2014 [27230][1][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: SMTP Error: Data not accepted.  Mon Sep 22 14:24:15 2014 [28385][1][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: SMTP Error: Data not accepted.  Mon Sep 22 14:31:36 2014 [7159][1][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: SMTP Error: Data not accepted.

Outcomes