AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scheduler jobs missed at random intervals

Question asked by paul.lee paul.lee on Sep 11, 2014
Hi,

I have a few Schedulers to run their respectively PHP scripts to perform the following tasks:
  1. Scheduler #1 to import data from some CSV files to some temp tables, which usually finishes in a few seconds.
  2. Scheduler #2 to process some of the data in those temp tables and either insert or update data in some Sugar modules, which usually finishes in a few seconds.
  3. Scheduler #3 to perform similarly to Scheduler #2 on some other Sugar modules, which can take up to 15 minutes to complete depending on the data size.
The 3 Schedulers are scheduled to be run in the 6th, 16th and 21st minute of the hour, giving them enough time between the tasks.  I've also uncheck the "Execute If Missed" checkbox, deeming them unnecessary.

After running these Schedulers for a few days, I've found that each Scheduler would miss jobs at random intervals.  So I check the "Execute If Missed" checkbox to test, but it could result in a random undesirable effect of running a job even though the job has not been missed at its scheduled time.

How should I tackle this problem?

Thanks,
Paul

SugarCRM Pro Version 6.5.16 (Build 1082) on RHEL 6.4 x86_64

Outcomes