AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to launch action from mail link?

Question asked by jlabuelo on Aug 27, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 12, 2014 by jlabuelo
Hi there

I have built a custom module in my SugarCRM 6.5 CE configuration. In this custom module I have included a controller.php to manage the actions of custom buttons, and works fine when the user is correctly logged of course.

However I have a need this time to send a mail to contacts, which are not users of the platform and in the mail I want to include a link that would change the status of the record of this custom module (the one I am referring to in this mail).

Normally I have done this to close Cases in the php hat builds the mail with the link

$body.='<p>Please check this link to close this Case. <a href="http://mysugarcrm.com/index.php?entryPoint=closeCases&module=Cases&case_id='.$bean->id; Close Case</a></p> <br/>';

But now I want to call an action in the controller that would move the record from status "Assigned" to "Confirmed". In the controller I have created an action called

function action_Confirm()
{
my code to change the record status  goes here
}

But how can I build the link so the record status gets modified with no need for the contact to log in the application???

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Outcomes