No search results returned during Archive to Sugar in Outlook

Let's say I send an email and forget to archive it.  If I go into my sent folder, click on the "Archive to Sugar" button a dialog box appears.  The plugin automatically looks for matching fields in Sugar.  In this particular instance, it automatically looks based on the email address of both the recipient and sender.  No records are returned despite the Contact being in Sugar.  I have the Contact checkbox checked.  Wildcards do not help with the search.  I also try searching on Account (using the contact's account) and get no results. 

I know that the connection between Outlook and Sugar is valid for a number of reasons. One is that I get a successful test after entering my user and server information in the Sugar Options dialog.  I also know that certain other emails are being automatically archived after doing some tests.  Finally, when creating a "New Sugar Record", the plugin is able to return a list of Accounts to which to assign my new contact or opportunity.  Any type of search is valid using this process - return the whole list, return a specific account, or use a wildcard. 

I am using Sugar Pro 6.5.16 (Build 1082), Outlook 2010 (v14.0.6112.500 (32-bit)), and the plugin release from April (v 14.04.01).  Any help would be appreciated.
  • Probably no help at all, and you say you've used wildcards, but if the other functionality is working I would have a look at the email address in Sugar for the Contact. It DOES exist, it is the primary email address etc.

Do your search in the Archive window using wildcards and a minimum number of characters, include the @ symbol, so if email address is jsmith@thisdomain.com search on %th@s% or other variations...

• Thank you for the reply.  The email address does exist and is the primary email in Sugar.  Various combinations of the wildcards do not work. Like I said, I can search for accounts in other dialogs but not this particular Archive to Sugar dialog.  I can also automatically archive all emails in a thread using a different process, it's just that I can't manually archive an email. 
  • I turned on logging in Sugar and only watched for Fatal errors.  Turns out that even though I got a successful test with my connection between Sugar and Outlook it didn't like my credentials when trying to manually archive.  I do not know the reason for this but if I plugged in another user's credentials in Outlook I was able to manually archive.  I'm going to suspect that the issue is with my user account in Sugar and not with the plugin.  I have full admin rights in Sugar but something isn't right. 
  • Interesting, can't off the top of my head think of ANY setting in the Users module that has to do with the Archive plugin function, and if you're using an Admin account roles and other configuration settings shouldn't affect you... Just fishing here, does your account have an email account in Sugar? nothing else I can think of sorry..
  • I had a similar problem.

To solve it:

In SugarCRM the admin has to give the rights to Export to the one who has the problem.

The changes must be on the role assigned to the user.

To make changes to a role after it has been created, follow the steps below:

1 Navigate to Admin > Role Management.

2 On the Roles list view, click on the role that you would like to edit.

3 Find the intersection of the action and module you would like to change and click on the square once.

4 A dropdown list will appear giving you the options available for that square.

Export, must be set as All for Contacts and Accounts.
    This role affects usage of the Sugar API, which is the framework used for external connections, such as the Outlook Plugin.

It works for me.