AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I keep track of targets from accounts?

Question asked by Scott.spence Scott.spence on Jul 30, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 13, 2014 by Scott.spence Scott.spence
I'd appreciate any advice from war-torn SugarCRM warriors out there. I am using version 6.5.16, Community edition SugarCRM, looking to migrate from SF. I have a database of accounts of training organisations that all have very specific needs based on industry involvement and business model functions. I have a list of about 20 key phrases that describe these training needs eg. Microsoft, Online, Compliance, Oil & Gas. I would like to send targeted messages to these organisations based on these phrases.

Solutions I have considered:

1) Using a multiselect dropdown field, then applying a filter based on this to create a target list and then campaign.

2) Relationship many-to-many linking to a target list for each of the phrases.

3) Relationship many-to-many linking to a campaign for each of the phrases.

Please contribute to and critique my conclusions:

1) This means a longer path to getting to a usable campaign and the easy edit of multiselect means potential accidental loss of items, I considered of a list of checkboxes rather than dropdown but that does not seem possible.

2) I do not seem to be able to link an account to a target list, only a target, and in any case does a target need to be a contact rather an account?

3) Not ideal as I understand a campaign is a temporary, time-limited item rather than an on-going list that can be used for multiple communications.

Advice as to how to move forward with this business problem would be most appreciated. ;-)

Scott

Outcomes