AnsweredAssumed Answered

I am new to SugarCRM Community Edition. Where is the best place to start for development tutorials?

Question asked by Chris Hall on Jun 25, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 22, 2014 by Alex Nassi
Hi there, 

I am new to developing and creating systems using Sugar CRM Community Edition and I am looking for any advice on where to start for development tutorials/information etc.

In particular, I  want to create a system which has say Customers, Materials, Jobs and I want to create modules which act in such a way that materials and jobs belong to customers. When I select to create a job for a customer I want the job to inherit certain information from the customer like their name and address and I would like to also be able to select materials which are required to go on the job but only from a list of materials which are set up and associated to the customer.

From what I have read so far I think this is possible but could do with a little push in the right direction for some documentation/examples of this kind of set up and the types of set up that I want - don't know the terminology for what I need in Sugar yet - dependent parent drop downs?

I hope this is the right place to ask this kind of question and I fully appreciate any info in advance - many thanks and all the best.

Chris

Outcomes