AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I make upgrade safe changes to the a custom Relate field in 7?

Question asked by Jeroen Somhorst on Jun 18, 2014
Currently I have created a custom relate field, CustomRelate, which contains additional HTML in the detail and list template files. I want to replace the assigned to relate field with CustomRelate for the Accounts and Contacts modules. I can do this by replacing the assigned_user_id in the record list (custom/<module>/clients/base/views/record/record.php) with the following definition:
array(
    'name' => 'assigned_user_name',
    'type' => 'CustomRelate'
)
However, when changes are made in the studio the record list file is replaced with the one of the studio, omitting my customizations. So at this moment I have to add the type to the required relate fields every time changes are made.

So I have the following composite question:
  1. Is it possible to install a custom (Sidecar) field such that it appears in studio? I know that there is a customFields key in the manuscript but I cannot see whether this also works for what I want to do.
  2. Is it possible to change the type of existing/system fields in an upgrade safe way per module?
  3. Is it possible to change the type of existing/system fields in an upgrade safe way throughout SugarCRM?
Thanks in advance!

Outcomes