AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I link two separate fields in different modules together so when data is entered in one it also saves in the other?

Question asked by emmacl emmacl on Jun 6, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 7, 2014 by Francesca Shiekh
Apologies for my noobiness, I am not a developer and am voluntarily doing this for a small charity and I am new to SugarCRM.  I am using CE v 6.5.16.  My issue is mainly due to security, they are a mental healthy charity who wants to have their clients, volunteers and fundraising in SugarCRM and they can't have everyone seeing all the clients personal details. I have my main contacts module, and i have created a new custom module with another contacts list in this custom module, I want to be able to have a lot more fields in the custom module than in the main contacts module.  when user enters in same common data like name, email address, etc in the custom module how do I get it to save and display in the main contacts module as well.  Some of the clients are volunteers or have made donations as well which is why they need to be listed in a main view available to all users but just with not all their details displaying.  Apologies if the answer is listed in the forum already, I have struggled to find this answer in the forum hence my post.  I am trying to do this for free for them in my spare time so I am trying to avoid buying an addon so any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have been searching for hours and it is currently 4am in Ireland so I am going to head to bed but I will be back online tomorrow, thank you in advance

Outcomes