AnsweredAssumed Answered

Tips for reimplementation of SugarCRM v6.5.x customizations into v7.2?

Question asked by Francesca Shiekh on May 30, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 27, 2015 by phamnhutu phamnhutu
I am considering the pros/cons of reimplementation vs upgrade for moving from 6.5.x Pro to 7.2 Pro (7.5 if we upgrade, which is due in September).

We are currently On Site SugarCRM Pro 6.5.15

In these years working with SugarCRM I have learned a lot and there are things I'd like to do differently, cleaner, and there will be much to learn with v7.x so I'd like to start with a v.7 that's as devoid as possible of legacy code yet I need our data to be easily transferred over.

I am well aware of the database schema differences between 6.x and 7.x however they don't look serious enough to be a show-stopper.

My main concern is being able to recreate the custom modules, relationships and fields appropriately and most importantly in such a way that we can import all the data we have in the 6.5.x version into this new database.

I was thinking to start from a stock 7.2, reproduce the table changes and copy over the data.
Then start fresh with the layout changes and any customizations I had built into the views and metadata.

The thought is custom fields should be fairly easily recreated by copying the fileds_meta_data table contents and running a repair_rebuild.
Custom modules I should be able to recreate from Exports from Module Builder, loading/installing them via Module Loader.
And any relationships added via Studio should come over by copying the appropriate relationships from the relationships table.
Correct? Am I missing anything?

Is there someone else out there who has re-implemented? 
Any tips or gotchas to look out for?