AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I clean data in Excel and then import it back to Sugar?

Question asked by Scott Newman on May 14, 2014
Latest reply on May 16, 2014 by paperless
I've been using SugarCRM for less than a month, so forgive me if the answer to my question is obvious (or obviously impossible). I'm trying to standardize information in one specific field across multiple accounts, specifically the billing country. I created a report listing any country that starts with U, but does not equal United States of America. I want to replace all of the US, United States, USA, or typoed entries with "United States of America", but I also want to avoid replacing countries that pop up in the report but shouldn't be changed (such as the United Kingdom). I can go down the report and manually change them by hand, one at a time, but what would make this process easier is a "THEN" function, as in if the information in the country field starts with "U", but is not "United States of America", then replace with "United States of America". I've heard that there is a way to do this with Excel, but I'm not sure how. I've figured out how to export the report from Sugar to Excel, but now that it's on the spreadsheet is there a way to change the data in Excel and import it back to Sugar? I was hoping I could shift-click all the desired fields, paste in "United States of America" into the non-United Kingdom fields, then import the data back to Sugar.

My apologies if this question has been posted elsewhere, I tried to use the forums to find a solution first.

Hopefully this rant makes sense.

Outcomes